How do you overcome all codec mismatch and DTMF interworking issues?
The current telecom economy is becoming very challenging and requires the most optimized cash flow management and ROI. Today’s telecommunications environment push service providers to route calls through multiple networks challenged by various codec incompatibility. Moreover, the codec landscape is getting more complicated with the growth of OTT market (different versions of AMR and iLBC ). With increasingly complex interconnections between networks, a compatible codec transcoding function is now crucial when there is a need to convert from one codec to another to terminate a call. The complexities of diverse codec landscape leave service providers with no alternative to incorporating a transcoding solution into their network.
Transcoding is a strong key tool to improve overall quality of wholesale performance. By utilizing this service, operators will:
- Overcome all codec mismatch, DTMF interworking, and packet rate issues
- Eliminate huge transcoding investments (CAPEX)
- Reduce operational expenditures
- Maximize voice revenues/margin
- Enhance network voice quality (QoS)
- Increase the call duration
- Improve the business with quicker time to market
- Transcoding as a service is much faster to implement compared to in-house investment.
For more information on transcoding and transcoding enabled SBC, please click here.